Thursday, August 14, 2008

Where's The Excitement

Star Wars: The Clone Wars opens tomorrow, and strangely, I don't seem to care all that much. What's happened? There was a time when anything with the words "Star Wars" in the title appearing in theaters would send me into a flurry of excitement.

Is it that I'm over Star Wars? That can't be true, because I'm really enjoying Dark Horse's Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comic right now.

Is it just animated Star Wars that I've got a problem with? Can't be, I really liked Cartoon Network's Clone Wars minisodes from a few years ago. Side note: The character designs for the new movie seem to be based on that series, but without series mastermind Genndy Tartakovsky.

Is it "Prequel Fatigue", brought on by the diminished quality of the prequel movies? Unlikely; I actually enjoyed the prequel films, warts and all.

So, why am I so ambivalent toward this movie? How is it that I haven't even decided for sure if I'll actually go see it in a theater? I want to be excited, but I'm just not.

It makes me a little sad really.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't even *heard* of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I mentioned way back:

    http://jgv6442.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-summer-of-love-of-movies.html

    it flew under my radar for quite a while as well.

    ReplyDelete