Friday, August 8, 2008

200 Words: "Timelapse" Part 2

Part 1

Jim, now with a bit of a headache, reached again for his glasses. He didn't think it felt like a dream anymore.

"Dude," the voice was a familiar one, "don't you have a class at 9:00?" It was Jim's old roomate, Will.

"Uh, yeah," Jim replied uncertainly. He really had no idea. It had been a long time, and Jim had had a hard enough time keeping up with his schedule back then. "I guess I do. Say," he said, annoyance obviouse in his tone, "what's with the dictionary?"

Will threw up his hands defensively as if to ward off blame. "Hey, man," he said, "you're the one who told me to make sure you got up."

"I did? Well, I'm pretty sure I didn't ask to have a book thrown at me."

Will rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Look, if you want a shower you'd better hurry, Zee'll be up in five minutes."

--

After a quick shower, Jim headed out. Not to class, he didn't even know what day it was, let alone what class to go to. Jim just wanted someplace quiet where he could sit and think. Jim stepped out of his building, not sure where to go.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see another update on Timelapse! :) I expected him to fall off the house into nothingness.

    ReplyDelete