Sunday, July 20, 2008

An Open Letter to Zack Snyder

RE: Watchmen trailer

I admit, I wasn't sure what to think when I heard you had signed on to direct a film adaptation of "Watchmen". The conventional wisdom has long held that Watchmen is unfilmable; at the very least it would be challenging to get right. I haven't seen any of your work (300 didn't look my cup of tea, so I skipped it...I may have to reconsider that now), so I didn't have any basis to judge your ability to handle the challenge. Then, last Thursday, the trailer started appearing on the internet. I checked it out like everyone else, but I still had my doubts.

Then I saw it on the big screen in front of The Dark Knight. You've got me, I'm sold. The trailer alone is an impressive bit of filmmaking, so I'm ready now. I now have hope that this film will be as good as it deserves to be. I'm eager to see what you've come up with.

Please don't screw it up.

1 comment:

  1. The testament is in the work. I have long believed this and from the day I saw the first footage of 300 at Comic Con 2006 to my first look at the Watchman trailer in front of The Dark Knight, Zack has never disappointed me. He knows how important the source material is and he honors that by bringing life to the pages. :D

    Ann Lake
    Zack-Snyder.com

    ReplyDelete