Wednesday, July 9, 2008

AFI's 10 Top 10 Part IX: Courtroom Drama

We're up to list number nine of AFI's 10 Top 10 lists. Here are the top ten courtroom dramas:

1. To Kill A Mockingbird
2. 12 Angry Men
3. Kramer Vs Kramer
4. The Verdict
5. A Few Good Men
6. Witness For the Prosecution
7. Anatomy of a Murder
8. In Cold Blood
9. A Cry in the Dark
10. Judgement At Nuremberg

My biggest complaint about this list is how much it challenged me to try and remember which words you're not supposed to capitalize in titles. Sure, I've got a copy of Elements of Style sitting on my bookshelf, not three feet away, but that would require me to get up.

Seriously, it's hard for me to have a problem with any top 10 list that starts off with To Kill A Mockingbird. It's such an amazingly successful adaptation of a fantastic novel, probably one of the best examples of adaptation out there. Also, it's one of my favorite movies ever.

In truth, I've only seen five of the movies (To Kill A Mockingbird, 12 Angry Men, A Few Good Men, Anatomy of a Murder, and Judgement At Nuremberg) and only remember four of those (I can't for the life of me remember anything about Anatomy of a Murder). But, there's nothing here I'm unhappy with. I'm racking my brain trying to come up with any other courtroom dramas that should be on the list, but I just can't think of anything. I guess that means I've got to give the AFI folks kudos for this list; no glaring omissions this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment