Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm A Sucker

I was at a store earlier today and I saw a new edition of Batman Begins on DVD. Naturally, I went over and picked it up to see if it's any better than the version I own. As it turns out, the DVD content is exactly the same as the DVDs I own. The only difference is the box (which looks a lot cooler), and a few extra, useless gee-gaws included in the package that would only end up taking up space in my apartment. Recognizing all these things, I was still sorely tempted to buy it (I didn't, but I was tempted). So, what have we learned today . . . first, that I'm a sucker who can be manipulated into spending money on any dumb thing if it's sufficiently shiny (but, really, we all already knew that, didn't we?), and second that the folks at Warner Home Video are marketing geniuses. Kudos, gentlemen, you almost had me.

No comments:

Post a Comment