Thursday, July 31, 2008

200 Word Fiction Project

I fancy myself an amateur writer (amateur because no one has ever felt compelled to pay me for anything I've written). One of my biggest obstacles to ever getting anywhere with my writing is that I find trouble finishing things. I've got more unfinished ideas lying around than I know what to do with. I've decided to take one of these ideas and use it to set a challenge for myself (and help provide content for my blog). Starting tomorrow, and every Friday after that, I'm going to put up a 200 word chunk of a short story (why 200 words? I only wanted to put up small, bite-sized chunks to make it easier to keep up with consistently, 200 is just the arbitrary number I chose). I don't know how well I'll keep up with it (my record with the haiku of the day doesn't inspire a lot of confidence), but I'll at least try.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'm looking forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete