Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Words & Pictures No. 1 - What's it all about

Today's picture is one of me. That's because today's entry is going to be me explaining my intentions with my new Tuesday feature. The idea goes back a few years ago with an idea I had for an ongoing writing project. I would take a picture a day and write something about that picture (I was inspired by reading an interview with Christopher Nolan talking about his then new movie, Momento). Maybe it would be a story or a poem or an essay or even a short quip, something. As with most of my overly ambitious projects, I abandoned it fairly quickly. Still, I like the idea, so I intend to try to revive it here. Every Tuesday I'll post a picture along with some bit of writing that it has inspired from me. Hopefully, as with the haiku project, once a week will prove an easier timetable to sustain than once a day.

Oh, and I imagine this is the last time you'll see me put a picture of myself up.

>Looks at picture and shudders<

No comments:

Post a Comment