Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thoughts On The Debate

-Hey! Belmont University! My mom used to work there (and I took a semester's worth of General Ed classes there, too).

-Why is it, that when Brokaw said they were using online questions, I couldn't help wondering if they'd be along the lines of: "WTF! The economy totally got pwned last week. IMHO you guys are teh suck. YMMV."?

-Tom Brokaw was certainly the most forceful moderator we've had so far.

-Obama's defense of his relationship to Fannie Mae was a little weak. I think McCain probably scored some points there.

-How is a spending freeze that doesn't include "defense, veterans affairs, or other vital programs" really a spending freeze? Doesn't that exemption cover just about everything?

-So, McCain can deal with the issues of health care and energy at the same time, but he couldn't both run a campaign and deal with the economic crisis?

-The best way to solve the climate change problem is nuclear power? Really?

-I think Brokaw wanted to smack both of them around a bit.

-League of Democracies? Is that like the Justice League?

-Despite my rather flippant attitude to the whole affair, I think this was actually a pretty good debate. Lot's of good information and the candidates actually answered the questions posed to them. That said, it wasn't likely to change my mind on the candidates. Unless Obama unveils his universal kitten drowning plan or McCain reveals that his economic bailout plan consists of giving me, individually, $700 billion dollars, my vote's pretty well settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment