Friday, October 3, 2008

200 Words: "Timelapse" Part 9

Part 8

"Crazy?" Jim smiled. "A little, but it works for you."

"Thanks, I think," Jenna said. "So, what'll you have, oh unnamed stranger?"

"Jim," he said, then quickly added, "That's my name, not my order. I'll just have whatever you've got on tap."

"So, Jim," Jenna said as she poured his beer, "you here alone? 'Cause they say that drinking alone is the first sign that you've got a problem."

Jim smiled. "No, I'm waiting on a friend."

"Waiting on a specific friend, or looking to meet someone?" She passed Jim his drink and took the bills he handed her.

"You're certainly a chatty bartender." Her curious nature was one of the things Jim had liked about Jenna, or would like in the future depending on your perspective.

"Bartending's a pretty boring job if you don't take an interest in the customers." She stepped away to serve two other customers.

"Glad you're back," Jim said when she returned. "I was afraid you'd lost interest in me."

"See," she replied, smiling, "now you're flirting."

"Oh, please," Jim laughed. "Don't pretend that you weren't." He couldn't help but wonder if things would end differently if they started dating now, two years early.

No comments:

Post a Comment