Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thoughts On The Debate

- How hard is it to pronounce nuclear correctly? It's noo-klee-er!

-Palin certainly is a rambler, isn't she?

-I'd like to declare a moratorium on the word "maverick."

-Palin did a pretty good job making Biden pay for primary statements.

-The office of the Vice President is unequivocally part of the Executive Branch. READ THE CONSTITUTION, DAMMIT!

-Sarah Palin did a good job sticking to her strengths and avoiding any serious mistakes, but she seemed a little too rehearsed to me. I didn't get a sense that she was thinking on her feet.

-Biden, while he lacked Palin's frenetic energy, seemed a bit more comfortable and came off, at least to me, as more sincere.

-Palin's dig about looking backwards was pretty good, though I liked Biden's response, "The past is prologue . . ."

-Biden needed to call Palin on not answering the questions.

-I don't think Biden or Palin hurt their respective tickets, but neither do I think they significantly helped them.

No comments:

Post a Comment