Thursday, October 30, 2008

Farewell, Doctor

Sad news.

David Tennant has announced that he won't be back as the Doctor when Doctor Who returns in 2010 (though he will return for the four specials scheduled to run through next year). I'm sorry to hear it as Tennant has become my favorite incarnation of the Doctor, and I'll miss him terrible when he leaves. Still, I see his point, better to go out on a high note that wait for everyone to get sick of you. He's right about something else, one of the most fun times to be a Doctor Who fan is when you know a new Doctor is coming. Let the speculation on the eleventh Doctor begin. One recent rumor involved an actor named Patterson Joseph, that's him below:



I've only seen him in a couple of things, so I can't speak to how good he'd be in the role, but I like the idea that the producers might be willing to go with a non-white Doctor. I'm sure it would be controversial, but really, the Doctor changes age, height, weight, eye and hair color, and personality with each regeneration, is skin color really that big of a deal?

At any rate, I look forward to Tennant's final four adventures as the Doctor and look forward to seeing what comes next for him and for Doctor Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment