Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Orientation

I've begun my new teacher orientation. It continues for the next couple of weeks and then I start teaching on September 4th. I am both very excited to begin my teaching career and very nervous, being a first time teacher. I got my school assignment yesterday; I'll be teaching at Harney Elementary School. I still don't know what grade yet, but I look forward to getting out to my new school and making my classroom my own. In the meantime I've settled into my new apartment (and am very glad to be out of that dorm room, ugh!).

Anyway, stay tuned to see if I crash and burn as a teacher, or if everything turns out to be great.

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently ending my 5th year of teaching and sloooowly recovering. It gets easier after your first year. It goes quicker, too. My biggest problem(s) never come from kids, only the adults (parents, Administrators, or other teachers) I have to deal with.
    Hope all went well,
    E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a rough year, but I got through. Hopefully I'll be able to apply the lessons I learned this year to make next year go smoother.

    ReplyDelete