Monday, June 18, 2007

Back to School

Today was my second day of classes in my teaching program here at UNO (the first class was Friday). I haven't been out of school that long, but I had forgotten how much work it could be. Oh well, given that I'm training to be a teacher, I'll have plenty of opportunities to share the pain with my future students.

Today we got our first homework assignment (which I'm procrastinating rather than doing right now). There's about four chapters worth of reading and a written assignment. I have to create a set of classroom rules as well as a system of rewards and consequences to go along with it. Sounds simple, but it's actually pretty tough (hence the procrastination). It's a good assignment though; definitely a good thing to think about before I run a classroom of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment