Friday, December 22, 2006

Humbug no more!

Up until a few days ago, I really wasn't feeling Christmas this year. It's not that I was feeling bad about it or anything, it just wasn't eliciting the usual excitement. But no more! My Christmas spirit is now fully engaged. It was, of course, music which snapped me out of my holiday malaise. Ironically one of the songs to wake me up to the holidays was the dreidel song. At the beginning of the week I was helping the 3rd grade I tutor with a worksheet about Hanukkah, and when part of it talked about dreidels I asked if he had ever heard the dreidel song. When he said no, I was compelled to sing it for him (I had a little dreidel/I made it out of clay/And when it's dry and ready/dreidel I will play...).

The other song to get my Yule Log burning might also seem a strange choice, but I contend that it is, hands down, the best Christmas song every. Fairytale of New York by the Pogues. If you've heard it, then you know that I speak the truth. It's just so perfectly wicked.

I'm back in the Christmas game, so a Merry Christmas to all and t all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment