Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resolved

So, the new year has begun. It is traditional, on the occasion of a new year, to make a list of New Year's Resolutions. I'm generally not one for this particular tradition, but, in the interest of creating content for this very blog, I suppose I can give it a go.

1. Find a new job. This is less a resolution than it is an imperative. Unemployment/underemployment ceased being fun a while back, so it's time to find a paying gig.

2. Finish something (writing-wise). I'm great with beginnings and okay with middles. It's the endings where I run into trouble. I can never seem to get to them. I'm going to try and be more disciplined this year and try to finish at least one of the many unfinished projects I've got lying around.

3. Learn to cook . . . something. I've become convinced that I would eat healthier if I knew how to cook actual food rather than reheat the frozen stuff that I eat way too much of. Couple that with my recent fascination with reality/cooking shows like Kitchen Nightmares and Top Chef and I think that maybe I'd like to be able to cook.

4. Renew my love of film. In recent years, while I've kept up with the big studio releases pretty well, I haven't ventured much out of that catagory. I need to reconnect with the independents, the foreign, and the classics.

There's a good list. It remains to be seen how well I'll do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment