Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Peace Through Food

So, I was driving home the other night and I passed this restaurant that I'd never noticed before. The sign said it was Indo-Pak Fusion Cuisine. I take that to mean it's a fusion of Indian and Pakistani food. This strikes me as very odd given the ongoing hostility between the two countries. I can only assume that the foods of the two countries get along better than their respective governments. I'm tempted to go and eat there as a political statement, if for no other reason (I'm afraid I'm not the most adventurous of eaters normally, and besides, the place looked far too hip for me...not sure they'd let me in the door). I have no idea if the menu at this place is any good, but I find that I quite like the symbolism (probably unintentional) of the concept. And so, I arrive at my Pollyanna-ish thought for the day: Maybe if everyone just got together and cooked we could have world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment